STANDARD INKA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU
Hike the famous Luxury Inka Trail to the one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu. On this exciting trek you will see the exciting changing landscapes and scenery like mountains and cloud forest rich in flora and fauna. Be in awe and thrilled every step of the way visiting archeological sites such as Patallaqta, Runku Raqay, Sayaqmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna on route to the amazing Machu Picchu.
Itinerary Day By Day
Day 1: CUSCO – PISQACUCHO KM 82 – HUAYLLABAMBA (Easy Day)
An early morning departure from Cusco (3360m/1100ft) to Piscacucho (2663m/8735ft) by bus. Here, we meet with our porters and show our Inca trail permits at the checkpoint. Walk alongside the river with views of snow-capped peaks before passing over the ruins of Llaqtapata. Continue hiking to our first campsite at Huayllabamba (2928m/9606ft).
Meals: L, D
Day 2: YUNCACHIMPA – LLULLUCHAPAMPA – WARMIWAÑUSQA PASS – PAQAYMAYO – RUNKURAQAY PASS (Challenge Day)
Today will be the most strenuous part of the Inca trail to Machu Pichhu. You will climb up to Llulluchapampa where the hike becomes truly spectacular with scenery that more than compensates for the effort. Vegetation thins and the day warms on the approach to the highest point of the trail – Warmiwañusqa Pass (4236m/13894ft). Thereafter, we descend down to the Pacaymayo Valley (3526m/11566ft) our next campsite.
Meals: B, L, D
Day 3: PAQAYMAYO – CHAQUIQOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAYWAYNA (Unforgetable Day)
After breakfast we will climb an Inca trail stairway to Runkurakay ruins from where the final push begins to the Runkurakay pass (3962m/12996ft). Thereafter, climb down to the impressive ruins of Sayacmarca (3657m/11998ft) for a visit and continue on to the Phuyupatamarca Ruins (3521m/11552ft). The inca trail becomes increasingly more dramatic as it leads down to the next campsite of Wiñaywayna ruins. Tonight we say goodbye to our Inca trail porters because we will depart our campsite early the next morning.
Meals: B, L, D
Note: If the campsite Wiñaywayna is not available which is a 2 hour hike to Machupicchu, the official system will assign the campsite of Phuyupatamarca which is 5 hours to Machupicchu.
Day 4: WIÑAYWAYNA – SUN GATE – MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO (Unique Day)
This early morning we will walk to Intipunku (Sungate) for our first amazing views of Machu Picchu (2400m/7870ft). Then walk down to the Sanctuary for a professional guided walking tour of Machu Picchu. Visit the many sacred temples and more. Afterwards, take the bus down to Machu Picchu town to eat lunch (on your own) before taking the train to Poroy and transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
Optional extra cost: Huayna Picchu (must book 4 months in advance) or Machu Picchu Mountain Peak.
***Add and extra day to the Inca Trail so you can trek at ease and spend one night in Aguas Calientes so you can be relaxed for the next day´s visit of Machu Picchu.
Replace the Inca Trail with LUXURY Private Service – Consult us for price.
If you cannot get the Inca permit then you can still do the alternative treks of: Salkantay 5days, Lares 4Days, Choquequirao 5Days, Exclusive Trail 4Days, or Huchuqosqo 4Days.
- Trip briefing before departure with guide.
- Bilingual guide (English-Spanish), an assistant guide accompanies groups of 9 people or more.
- Cook to prepare your meals
- Porters to carry camp equipment.
- Private transportation to the start point.
- Permit and entrance fees to the Inca Trailand Machu Picchu.
- Portable biodegradable bag in toilet with tent.
- Camping equipment: double tents, sleeping pad, kitchen/dining tents, tables, stools, and all kitchen gear. There are basic toilet facilities at each campsite.
- All meals on the itinerary (B= Breakfast L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals on request at no extra cost.
- Bus ticket: Machu Picchu /Machupicchu town – one way
- Train: Tourist ticket from Machupicchu town to Poroy station or Ollantaytambo station
- Transfer from Poroy or Ollantaytambo station to your hotel in Cusco.
- First-aid kit and oxygen.
- Samextoursperu uses walkie talkies.
- All trash produced during the trek returns to Cusco.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
- Domestic flights. (we can book for you)
- Cusco and Sacred Valley tours (we can book for you)
- Breakfast on first day, Lunch last day in Aguas Calientes.
- Any expenses incurred in preparing for the trip, such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets or travel insurance, nor additional expenses encountered as a result of flight or train schedule changes, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, acts of God or war.
- Extra porter to carry your baggage (per person-will carry 7kg/15lbs to include weight of your sleeping bag for the entire trek) US$85. Per person
- Personal items like individual gear, sleeping bag, medicines, laundry, telephone calls, etc. If you will request one, please send us your height.
- Travel Insurance.
- Entrance fee: Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Peak $70. per person
- Single Tent: $25.
- Walking Pole set: $20.
- Sleeping bag with liner: $25.
This example tour has costs beginning at US $ 799 per person, based on two sharing accommodations. If more will travel in your private party, it will benefit you as the cost “per person” will reduce.
Prices are based on final accommodation choices, travel dates and other details within your tour, which are flexible to your individual interests and desires.
Feel free to reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us directly at Whatsapp +51977135342.