Luxury Inka Trail to Machupicchu
4 Days/3 Nights
Hike the famous Luxury Inka Trail to the one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu. On this exciting trek you will see the exciting changing landscapes and scenery like mountains and cloud forest rich in flora and fauna. Be in awe and thrilled every step of the way visiting archeological sites such as Patallaqta, Runku Raqay, Sayaqmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna on route to the amazing Machu Picchu
Itinerary Day By Day
Day 1: CUSCO – PISQACUCHO KM 82 – HUAYLLABAMBA – AYAPATA (Easy Day)
You will be picked up at your hotel, after you enjoy a delicious breakfast, at 5:30am and brought by private transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – an ancient town in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here we will take a short break for you to get any snacks or last minute supplies before embarking on the trek. From Ollantaytambo you will be transported to Km 82 – the official beginning of the Inca Trail. Here you will meet your guides and porters who will make this journey incredibly special. Once you cross the Urubamba River (2,200m/7,218 ft), you will have officially started your trek on the ancient steps of the Incas. The path today is very easy and is a great warm up for the challenging days to follow. Around lunch time we will arrive in Miskay where you will dine in luxury on the small river bank. Your guides will tell you about the nearby ruins of Llactapata that you will have time to visit. From lunch the trail heads towards Wayllabamba (3,100 m/10,170 ft) then climbs up to Yuncachimpa (3,300m/10,826 ft) where you will find tonight’s luxury campsite. Here you will enjoy a buffet dinner prepared by some of the best chefs on the trail. Along with your meal you will have champagne and wine to help you relax. After dinner enjoy a relaxing. Tonight you will relax in your comfortable tent amongst the tranquil mountain surroundings.
Day 2: YUNCACHIMPA – LLULLUCHAPAMPA – WARMIWAÑUSQA PASS – PAQAYMAYO – RUNKURAQAY PASS – CHAQUIQOCHA (Challenge Day)
Day two of the Inka Trail is accepted as the most difficult because you have to tackle Warmihuañusca (Dead Woman’s Pass). In the morning you will enjoy a hot cup of tea and a hearty breakfast before starting the hike. This leg of the trail is free hiking, meaning you should walk at your own pace that is comfortable for you – of course we will meet up for lunch and at the most challenging parts of the trial to rest. Early in the morning, the trail goes through the Llullachapampa Valley (3,850m/12,631 ft) where you will enjoy the beautiful cloud forest. After the valley you will begin the ascent, the first half (3km/1.8 mi) of the trail are extremely steep but you will be walking through gorgeous thick woodlands and enjoy the complete isolation of this magical area. After following the path uphill for another two or three hours, you will come to the peak of Warmihuañusca (4,215m/13,779 ft). We will take time to rest and to appreciate this incredible moment. From here, we take the steep path down to the Pacaymayu River (Sunrise River) where you will walk towards the Runkurakay Pass (3,050m/10,006 ft) where you will get to see more ruins. Late in the afternoon you will reach Chaquicocha (3,650m/11,975 ft), where your campsite is located. Relax in your luxury tent and enjoy a gourmet dinner served with champagne and wine.
Day 3: CHAQUIQOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAYWAYNA (Unforgetable Day)
Today is known as the most beautiful day of the trek as you will see a quick change in the environment to the thick tropical forest of Wiñayhuayna. You will come to the second pass at 12959 ft (3,950 m) where you will encounter mountain lakes. After the pass is an easy walk thorugh the forest then an Incan tunnel before reaching the third pass that will give you sweeping views of the Urubamba River Valley. You will pass the ancient site of Phuyupatamarca, The Town Above the Clouds, (3,600 m/11,811 ft) where you will see Inca baths that really show you their genius engineering. From the baths, you will continue through another Inca tunnel towards the famous Wiñaywayna ruins (Forever Young, 2,650m). After these incredible ruins you will follow an Inca staircase up a zig-zagging trail to a red-roofed building that will be the last campsite. Tonight you have the option of taking cold showers. Enjoy your last night in the wilderness with your gourmet dinner, champagne, wine, and time to say goodbye to the crew.
Day 4: WIÑAYWAYNA – SUN GATE – MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO (Unique Day)
Today you will wake up very early to witness the amazing sunrise over Machu Picchu. You will have your last breakfast on the trail at 4:30 am then we will hike towards the Inti Punku (Sun Gate). Once you sit and appreciate the beautiful sunrise over the lost city of the Incas, you follow the trail on your final descent to Machu Picchu (2,400 m/7,874 ft). You will arrive to the Inca site at about 8:00am (depending of your starting time) where you will have a full private tour of the amazing Lost City of the Incas that will last around two hours. When the tour is over you will have time to explore the ruins on your own before returning down to Aguas Calientes. Lunch Included at the Sanctuary Lodge Hotel. After the tour you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to catch the Vistadome Train back to Cusco. On board you will recieve snacks and entertainment. Upon arrival back in Cusco you will be picked up at the train station and transferred back to your hotel for the night. Optionally you can stay in Aguas Calientes one night at an extra cost and explore Machu Picchu for a second time the next day. Please ask for more deatils.
- Inca trail trip briefing before departure.
- Permits and entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Bilingual guide (English-Spanish), trip coordinator and two assistants.
- Chef to prepare Gourment Meals, assistant and waiter.
- Your choise of menu before starting the trek: Beef, poultry, pork, alpaca meat, cuy, fish, etc…
- All Buffet meals on the itinerary: Full breakfast, Three course Lunch, afternoon tea, and Three course Dinner.
- Buffet Lunch at Santuary Lodge Hotel
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free meals on request at no extra cost.
- Alchoholic drinks, pisco, wine and champagne, etc…
- Energy drinks, snacks, and boil water during the trail.
- cots above the ground/inflatable thick mattress 3.5”/Polar sheets/sleeping bag with liner/down comforter/pillows.
- Sleeping bags -17C (1.4F).
- Standing full size sleeping tents (Eureka Grand Manam).
- Dining, kitchen, toilet and Tents.
- Dining table, tablecloth, napkins, flatware, local made dishes, glassware, etc.
- Recreation time: Play chess, dominos, cards, and others.
- Portable chemical biodegradable toilet.
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Satellite phone on trail.
- Walkie-talkies for staff.
- Porters to carry your belongings up to 12 lbs/06kg per person.
- Porters to carry the tents, food, cooking equipment, double standing tents, sleeping pads, kitchen/standing dining tents, tables, stools, and all kitchen gear.
- We provide the porters´meals, equipment and insurance in case of accidents.
- One way bus ticket: Machu Picchu /Aguas Calientes Village.
- Vistadome train from Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town) to Poroy and private transportation to your hotel.
- All trash produced during the trek returns to Cusco.
- Small gift at the end of the trek.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
- Domestic flights (we can book for you).
- Hotels in Cusco (we can book for you).
- Tours (we can book for you)
- Travel and health insurance.
- Breakfast on first day
- Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc… shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. If you cannot continue the trek due to physical or health reasons and you would require emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc… will be at passenger’s expense. This is why we recommend purchasing travel and health insurance. This is money well invested! SAMEXTOURSPERU will help you obtain all the necessary documents for you to file a claim with your insurance company.
- Personal items like individual gear, room services, medicines, laundry, telephone calls, airline excess luggage charges, visa fees, vaccinations, etc.
This example tour has costs beginning at US $ 1,980 per person, based on two sharing accommodations. If more will travel in your private party, it will benefit you as the cost “per person” will reduce.
Prices are based on final accommodation choices, travel dates and other details within your tour, which are flexible to your individual interests and desires.
Feel free to reach us via email at email@example.com or by calling us directly at Whatsapp +51977135342.