Exclusive Salkantay and Inka Trail to Machu Picchu
Hike the famous Luxury Inka Trail to the one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu. On this exciting trek you will see the exciting changing landscapes and scenery like mountains and cloud forest rich in flora and fauna. Be in awe and thrilled every step of the way visiting glaciers and archeological sites such as
Pauqarcancha, Runku Raqay, Sayaqmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna on route to the amazing Machu Picchu.
Itinerary Day By Day
DAY 1: CUSCO ‐ MOLLEPATA ‐ SORAYPAMPA ‐SALKANTAYPAMPA
We travel northwest of Cusco, by transport to Mollepata (2850m/9348ft), continuing to Soraypampa along the Rio Blanco Valley, there we will meet a horsemen to start our hike, where you will catch vistas of the lovely Vilcabamba range. Then ascend gradually to Soraypampa (3800m/12464ft) and continue walking up to Humantay lagoon to take in spectacular views of the mountains. Thereafter, we walk down to our campsite at Salkantaypampa (4100m/13451ft).
Meals: L, D
DAY 2: SALKANTAYPAMPA – INCA CHIRIASCA PASS – SISAYPAMPA
After breakfast we will climb the highest pass of this fabulous exciting trek to reach the Incachiriasca pass (5200m/17060ft). Catch views of the surrounding mountains of Humantay, Salcantay, Tucarhuay, etc. Descend to our next campsite of Sisaypampa (3750m/12303ft) where you will see more flora and fauna.
Meals: B, L, D
DAY 3: SISAYPAMPA – HUAYLLABAMBA
This morning our trek leads us to the Sacred Valley of the Incas passing the Inca canals to reach Huayllabamba (3000m/9842ft) that connects us to the Inca trail. Here, we will meet our porters to start the Inca trail the next day. In route we will visit the Pampacahua and Paucarcancha ruins.
Meals: B. L, D
DAY 4: HUAYLLABAMBA – WARMIHUAÑUSCA PASS- PACAYMAYO
After breakfast we trek the up to Llulluchapampa where the hike becomes truly spectacular with scenery that more than compensates for the effort. Vegetation thins and the day warms on the approach to the highest point of the trail – Warmiwañusqa Pass (4236m/13894ft). We camp at the Pacaymayo Valley (3526m/11566ft).
Meals: B, L, D
DAY 5: PACAYMAYO – RUNKURACAY PASS- PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAYHUAYNA
Today we climb the Inca stairway to Runkurakay ruins, the final push to the Runkurakay pass (3962m/12996ft). After visiting the amazing ruins of Sayacmarca (3657m/11998ft) perched on a mountain, continue on to the Phuyupatamarca ruins (3521m/11552ft). The trail becomes increasingly more dramatic as it leads down to the next campsite at Wiñaywayna (2740m/8990ft).
Meals: B, L, D
DAY 6: WIÑAYWAYNA- INTIPUNKU- MACHU PICCHU TOUR – CUSCO
Morning arrival to the Unique City of the Inkas Machu Picchu entering through Intipunku (Sun Gate). Enjoy a professional guided walking tour of the stupendous ruins visiting the sacred temples and more. Later return by bus to Machu Picchu town for lunch (on your own) before boarding the train to Poroy. You will be met at the train station by our staff and private transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
End of Services
***Add an extra day so you can trek at ease and overnight in Aguas Calientes so you can be relaxed for your next day´s visit of Machu Picchu.
- Trip briefing before departure with guide.
- Bilingual guide (English-Spanish), an assistant guide accompanies groups of 9 people or more.
- Horses handlers and mules for all our equipment and personal belongins for Salkantay portion
- Emergency horse for Salkantay portion
- Cook to prepare your meals
- Porters to carry camp equipment on the Inka Trail
- Private transportation to the start point.
- Permit and entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Portable biodegradable bag in toilet with tent.
- Camping equipment: double tents, sleeping pad, kitchen/dining tents, tables, stools, and all kitchen gear. There are basic toilet facilities at each campsite.
- All meals on the itinerary (B= Breakfast L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals on request at no extra cost.
- Bus ticket: Machu Picchu /Machupicchu town – one way
- Train: Tourist ticket from Machupicchu town to Poroy station or Ollantaytambo station
- Transfer from Poroy or Ollantaytambo station to your hotel in Cusco.
- First-aid kit and oxygen.
- Samextoursperu uses walkie talkies.
- All trash produced during the trek returns to Cusco.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
- Domestic flights. (we can book for you)
- Cusco and Sacred Valley tours (we can book for you)
- Breakfast on first day, Lunch last day in Aguas Calientes.
- Any expenses incurred in preparing for the trip, such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets or travel insurance, nor additional expenses encountered as a result of flight or train schedule changes, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, acts of God or war.
- Extra porter to carry your baggage (per person-will carry 7kg/15lbs to include weight of your sleeping bag for the entire trek) US$95. Per person
- Personal items like individual gear, sleeping bag, medicines, laundry, telephone calls, etc. If you will request one, please send us your height.
- Travel Insurance.
- Entrance fee: Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Peak $70. per person
- Single Tent: $30.
- Walking Pole set: $25.
- Sleeping bag with liner: $30.
This example tour has costs beginning at US $ 2,400 per person, based on two sharing accommodations. If more will travel in your private party, it will benefit you as the cost “per person” will reduce.
Prices are based on final accommodation choices, travel dates and other details within your tour, which are flexible to your individual interests and desires.
Feel free to reach us via email at email@example.com or by calling us directly at Whatsapp +51977135342.