Exclusive Lares Trek to Machupicchu
7 Days/6 Nights
Hike the exciting Lares Trek that will take you through traditional Andean weaving communities, pristine lakes and breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains. On this trek we will use llamas and horses. Experience the traditional cultural life of the Andean people living at high altitudes. Enjoy yourself with their farming skills and colorful weaving techniques. Take pleasure in dipping into the Lares hot springs at the end of the trek. Continue by train to Machu Picchu town to spend the night. The next day enjoy a professional guided tour of the new seven wonder of the world.
Itinerary Day By Day
Day 1: ARRIVE TO CUSCO, RECEPTION AND TRANSFER TO THE HOTEL IN CUSCO and FREE DAY
Our staff will be at the airport at your arrival time with a sign of Samextoursperu and your names to transfer you in a private transport to your Hotel located in the centre of Cusco, where they will welcome you with cups of coca leaf tea a traditional drink to minimize the efects of altitude, Relax, rest and acclimatise.
Day 2: HIKING CITY TOUR
Today after breakfast, you will be taking a guided hike tour of the main Cusco ruins. This is an exclusive hike operated by South American Exclusive Tours Perú, useful to train for your Inca trail tour, starting from the Cusco main square and then climbing up to the nearby inka sites, you will be brought to the four ruins outside of Cusco, the Sacsayhuaman and Kenko astronomical site. In the afternoon, you will be free to relax and get ready for your exciting trek ahead. In the evening you will have an orientation with your Inca trail guide to coordinate the last details for your trail.
Day 3: CUSCO – PISAC – HUARAN – CANCHA CANCHA
Your guide will arrive to pick you up from your hotel at 5am, and you will travel to Pisac Inca Citadel by private car. Here, you will have your breakfast and coffee while enjoying the beautiful view of the city and valleys. Next, you will take a 20-minute drive onward to Huaran to meet your horses and horsemen who will escort you for the first 3 hours of the trek up to Canchacancha. This small, traditional, local village is where you will have lunch to refuel for the trek ahead of you. From here, your hike will continue for about 2 hours before you arrive at the campsite for tea and to experience the outlook of the snowcapped Andean peaks. Be sure to look up at the stars in the evening and admire the constellations.
Day 4: CANCHACANCHA – PACHACUTEQ PASS – KISWARANI
After an early rise and breakfast, you will start what will be the most difficult part of your trek. This portion of the trek will last approximately 4- hour upwards to the highest point of your trek at 15,420 ft (4,700 m). You will then rest to experience the outstanding views of the glaciers, lakes, llamas and valleys that surround you, unlike anything you have ever seen. After taking in the views, you will then begin the 1-hour descent to have lunch by a glacial lake and rest before continuing on downward for 2 hours. This is where you will reach the campsite located in the Kiswarani Community. Here you will enjoy local culture and a spectacular waterfall after a long day of hiking.
Day 5: KISWARANI – CUNCANI – LARES HOT SPRING – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
After enjoying your breakfast, you will ascend for about 3 hours until reaching the Hullkiccasa Pass for breathtaking views of the landscape below where you will take a rest. Next, you will descend another 2 hours through the farmland of the Cuncani people. We will stop here to visit the local school and take time to get to know the people of the community and their culture, to give you a real taste of Peru. A little further past the community is where we will get to enjoy the natural volcanic hot springs and have lunch. After your resting time, you will continue by car to the town of Ollantaytambo, where you will have dinner at a luxury restaurant before taking an evening train to Aguas Calientes to spend the night in a nice hotel.
Day 6: MACHUPICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
Today is the day you have been waiting for! This is the day that makes the hike well worth it. You will rise bright and early to take the first bus to Machu Picchu, where your guide will give you a 2-hour private tour of the inca site. After your private tour, you will have time to explore everything Machu Picchu has to offer on your own. This will be your chance to take part in some extra activities, such as Huayna Picchu, Sun Gate, or inka bridge before boarding a late afternoon train back to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
Day 7: HOTEL – CUSCO’S AIRPORT
After breakfast in your Cusco hotel, you will be transferred to the airport for your return flight to Lima.
- All transfers
- 03 nigths Hotel in Cusco
- Trip briefing before departure.
- BTG entrance fees to the Inka places
- Hiking Cusco’s City Tour
- Sacred Valley tours
- Bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- Cook, waiter and assistant.
- Wranglers with llamas and horses
- Emergency horse
- Private transportation to the trailhead.
- Entrance to Lares hot springs.
- High quality camping equipment: Professional double tents, sleeping pads (Thermarest), kitchen, dining and toilet tents, tables, chairs, stools, all kitchen gear.
- Horses and llamas. Maximum animal weight per passenger: 7kg/15lbs. We provide a duffel bag for your personal belongings but must be returned at the end of the trek.
- All meals on the itinerary (B= Breakfast L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals on request at no extra cost.
- Portable biodegradable chemical toilet with tent.
- Round Trip tourist class train Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu town – Cusco
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Round trip bus ticket: Machupicchu town/Machupicchu ruins
- Machu Picchu entrance fee.
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Samextoursperu uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- All trash produced during the trek returns to Cusco.
Services NOT Included:
- Domestic flights (we can book for you).
- Travel and health insurance.
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain Peak
- Sleeping bag with liner $25.
- Single tent available $25.
- Walking pole set $25.
- Breakfast first day, dinner 6th night, and lunch last day in Aguas Calientes
- Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc., shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. If you cannot continue the trek or walk due to physical or health reasons and you would require emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc… will be at passenger’s expense. You will be accompanied by our staff member back to Urubamba in the Sacred Valley or Cusco. This is why we recommend purchasing travel and health insurance. This is money well invested! Samextoursperu will help you obtain all the necessary documents for you to file a claim with your insurance company.
- Personal items like individual gear, room services, sleeping bag, medicines, laundry, telephone calls, airline excess luggage charges, visa fees, vaccinations, etc.
- Passengers should bring a lightweight pack (25 liters) for their personal effects can use during the hike: Bottle water, suncream, camera, insect repelent, kacket, rain gear, cap, etc.
- Towel for washing.
This example tour has costs beginning at US $ 1,980 per person, based on two sharing accommodations. If more will travel in your private party, it will benefit you as the cost “per person” will reduce.
Prices are based on final accommodation choices, travel dates and other details within your tour, which are flexible to your individual interests and desires.
Feel free to reach us via email at email@example.com or by calling us directly at Whatsapp +51977135342.